1-day WordPress workshop
Would you prefer to create, update and maintain your own website rather than pay someone else to do it?
Join us for a hands-on, 1-day WordPress workshop where we’ll co-create your website and teach you how to update and maintain it going forward.
This WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF…
- You can visualise your ideal website but you just can’t quite make it happen on your own
- You want control over your domain name, email and web hosting
- You don’t have any web design or HTML coding experience (but if you do, you will still benefit from the course)
- You want a website system that’s easy to use and doesn’t have a restrictive template
- You don’t want to have to call a web designer for help with updates
- You’re tired of having no-one to ask for help
- You want your website sorted out once and for all
What we do on the day
This is not a training session where you listen to us talk about WordPress, this is a WORKSHOP where we help you create your own site.
- An introduction to WordPress
- Installing and activating the DIVI Theme and builder plugin
- Customising the DIVI Theme to match your brand
- The different ways to create a page
- Working with images and adding content
- Setting up a contact form
- Choosing plugins and recommended plugins
- Setting up a menu and linking everything up
- Creating blog posts and portfolio projects
In preparation for the workshop
You will need to have the following in place before the day of the workshop:
- a domain registered
- hosting setup
- WordPress installed (WordPress version 5.0 or higher, with PHP 7.0 or higher and MySQL 5.6 or higher)
Help, I don’t know how to do this!
We understand that tech may not fall within your zone of genius, so if you aren’t sure how to set everything up we can help you.
For R1700 we’ll set up a .co.za domain, hosting for 12 months and install and set up WordPress for you. Just select the “Setup my WordPress for me” option on the booking form and we’ll do it all for you.
On the day
You will need to bring the following with you:
- a laptop to work on
- your logo
- website copy (text describing your business, who you are and what you have to offer)
- any specific images you want to use on your website (we will show you where to find free stock images on the day).
*We require payment up-front in order to confirm your booking.
*Space is limited to 12 people per workshop. We reserve the right to cancel and/or reschedule and course that does not meet minimum attendance requirements.
*Full venue details to be sent once payment has been received
Sign up today
and on payment we’ll send you these two PDF guides for free!
From Our Clients
“This helped me set up my side hustle website. I can add things and change whatever I want on the site whenever I want.”
“During the workshop I created my portfolio and also learnt how to keep it updated. Now when I send people to my site they see my most recent work.”